Friday, February 8, 2008

I guess I have to write in this now...

The 80s were awesome. Not at the time I'm sure. Of course, I was only 9 when they ended. But in retrospect, its like, there's a whole culture based on material with no real idea that it is destroying itself. On every level, its like watching an animal play with something, having no idea what it is really doing or what are the consequences of its actions. Musically, they had all this electronic equipment that just came out and all they can do is make these cheesy sounds. And they have all this money flying around and all they can do is pour it into their cars and the fashion and entertainment industries, and they don't have a clue. I only like the 80s to laugh at them. Oh, and I'm a sucker for any girl with leg warmers. But don't tell anyone I said that. Seriously.
- from an email, sometime in 2004

No comments: